Monday, September 12, 2011

Family Time at Lake Powell

Lake Powell, how I love you. Red rock, beautiful warm water, fantastic canyons. And best of all, boat rides! I could go on and on.
So for the sake of your sanity and mine, I'm going to just post pictures and leave out the commentary. Unless of course it needs a comment. Then you get to hear from me. Lucky you!
The House boat is stored on blocks in a boat yard. When we got to Page AZ, we went shopping at walmart and then unloaded it on the boat. We slept on it that night then got off it real early in the morning until they put it in the water. (So much for no commentairy)
Top Deck

The house boat had 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living room.



These two bedrooms were connected, Jake and Brooklyn were in that one and had to crawl over Kim and Brent







Left to right: Brooklyn, Jake, Kim, Moana (mom) Nick, Suzanne and Her husband Josh




We went on this great hike, up slot canyon. Its a hike with no end, but we first had to hike to the slot and then it starts. You have to swim through most of it though.



Welcome to Slot Canyon

Rainbow Bridge!

Brooklyn, Me and Kimmy
Brooklyn, Brent (Dad) Me, Kimmy and Brent

It rained only once, but it was windy every night. It was only bad once when the house boat anchors were pulled out of the sand. We fixed it, but we all didn't sleep that well the rest of the night.
It was Brooklyns 21st birthday while we were down there.

Jake out fishing. He didn't catch anything until he started to swim back to the boat.
Nick learning to ski!! It was so fun to watch him. He almost did it too!

Me skiing!! It was lots of fun
We went on a adventure through the canyons. We kept finding these really tight small canyons to go down. Each time we thought we were at a dead end, it kept going and we just squeeze through.




This is the end of one of those canyons. It really was a dead end and we couldn't keep going, but it was fun to swim around.






Tubing!!





I challenged Nick to make me a sand castle while we went out to Rainbow Bridge.

I made a wall around the castle and a church! Every castle needs a church. I was going to make a town too, but I got bored.


Moki Steps


It was So much fun! I can't wait to go on another family vacation. So that ends this blog. I have a lot of blog catching up to do, and I'll do it. But for now...Yeah, have a great day!

4 comments:

Eric and Jill said...

Oh, I so miss going with you're family. And that boat looks so exciting and big! Loved that you were able to do all the fun hikes. Miss you guys!

MeggyT said...

Who steered that monster boat?

Irish Roxs said...

Its my dad's cousin Robert Taylors time share. It was the longest I've ever spent down at powell. a whole week! I've only ever spent about 4 days: Day 1-arrive Day2-3 play, day 4 go home. A week is a long time, and as much as I hate to say it, I got bored. At powell! how does that happen!

The Adams Family said...

looking good ally...so glad you had fun. I'm gealous. Miss you guys. Boise tickets are expensive. :(