Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Joey BoBo!!

April 22nd is a wonderful day! It is my handsome hubbies birthday, even though he repeatedly denies it. (Don't believe him)
For some reason Joey has this belief that April 22nd only exists to be a thorn in his side; so I've tired my hardest to make sure Joey has a spectacular birthday each year.
And this year we went to Boise! (to buy more BSU clothes of course what else :))
Our plans for the weekend were....relax...have fun...relax...play golf (Joey)...buy orange and blue apparel! And of course, spend lots of time with the family. We accomplished it all and then some.
This luv sac was...is so comfortable, we really need one at our house; maybe get rid of that recliner Joey brought from his single days. Its comfortable don't get me wrong, just ugly. I'm not the only one who likes the seat, Buddy seems to think its been put there especially for him, with loads of blankets to cuddle in.
Sherri Irish is amazing! She spent the better part of the week baking and making treats for Easter Baskets. From all of her cooking she ended up with trays and trays of cookies but no time to put the baskets together. So she gave us that job! We all gathered around the table and picked all the delicious treats we wanted and built our own Easter baskets! (I'm not sure why all of this is underlined, I can't figure that out, yikes!)
This one is mine! Enough cadbury robins eggs? I think not!
This ones Joeys little reeses rabbit! With a jelly bean tail.
Isn't he cute!
Shining happy...smiling...faces! After we finished our baskets, there was more then enough cookies and other treats to make baskets for all the neighbors. And midnight snacks for us later! Joey and Alex were nice enough to deliver them, though I think Joey just wanted to met the Irish neighbors.
Joey has wanted to watch one of Alex's lacrosse games for a long time, we finally got to see one! We were informed that it was lucky we came this week, their last few games have been cold and wet. This saturday was beautiful and sunny, if a bit chilly.


Our baby Roxy girl had so much fun with us. We finally found a toy that she likes. We knew she liked squeaky toys, but she'd rip the poor stuffed animals apart. She didn't like balls, or any other roundish throwing objects. So we didn't consider a squeaky ball. We should have, she loves them!
Friday was Joeys birthday, his dad took him golfing. I spent the day with my niece Ashley! We had a fun day of barbies, potatoe heads, movies, jumping on the tramp and side walk chalk! She is so sweet and talks better then I do!
Its was a great visit. Something we really need to do more often. Our next family trip will be to Utah, when I'm not sure but it will be some time this summer. Its so nice to live so close (closer). I love our families and miss them when we are away. Some day we'll move. Don't know when, I won't start packing. But it'll happen. Some day.

1 comment:

Eric and Jill said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing weekend. I'm so glad you got to visit his family. Not to mention jealous of your fun day with your niece. Barbies, really miss those days!
I do hope you get to move closer soon so you can visit everyone more often.