Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Baby in the House

Before you ask; No, not a real baby. If it were a real baby I wouldn't just be blogging about it, I would be shouting it from everything rooftop, mountain top, hilltop, what have you. And then blog about it.
This is a different kind of baby. Its a brand spanking new computer! We've needed a new computer for some time now, and with Joey starting school, we had no other excuse for not getting one. So after a couple of months saving, we got our computer!
Its a lovely computer. a Mac, its backward and I'm trying to get used to it. I think its going well. Now our sad little laptop can get the much needed break its been begging for, for years. And it'll probably die happy now.
I do think its funny that the screen is a bit more then half the size of our TV we are using (Not the really big rear projection, that one is still not working. but our other 32 inch TV) But that makes watching Hulu SO much better!
We're still playing, and having a great time with it. Its nice to have nice things, and know that we paid for it ourselves and didn't go into debt for it.
Oh and by the way, I now have an amazing camera so I can skype and it'll look good! My old ones stucked. So now I can Skype with family and friends and you can see me.


3 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

I'm SOOO jealous! Derrick and I are also saving up to get a computer...our laptops could probably be friends and die together! We are trying to suck one more year of life out of ours though. That's so fun for you guys though!

Irish Roxs said...

Keep up the good work! Its hard to scrimp and save, but in the end its worth it! I hope you get your computer soon. Oddly enough the lap top hasn't died, its running better then it has in years because we've taken almost everything off it. Who knew you couldn't put so much onto one tiny lap top?

Eric and Jill said...

So exciting! Eric's really anxious to get a new desktop computer. I hope stays as great as it looks!