Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Small Blurb from Ally

I had to come write this down somewhere. I know I probably should have written it in a journal or a diary. But I really don't keep one. I have a journal but its in Washington, far from me, and this is practically a public journal so here we go!
I had the best day today! I miss my husband terribly, I know and I can't wait until he gets here. But I am having the most fun with my family. I love spending time with my Mom and Dad. My sisters can be a pain but I love them so much and I can't live without them. Nick is so excited I'm here. I've never seen anyone be so excited about seeing a sister! He wanted to stay up late so he could see me. He wanted me to wake him up for school. I feel so loved by that little boy its just amazing! Now my other brother is different, always has been, but he is getting married so I can understand why he's not as excited, or seems as happy to see me as everyone else.
I now know why I miss them so much when I'm away. All the love I'm leaving behind me. It practically breaks my heart each time I leave.
I couldn't ask for a better husband. And he makes up for being so far away from my family. And if it weren't for him it would be unbearable to live so far away.
But what I've figured out is that family loves you more when you come back from being away for so long. And before they have time to get sick of you, you're gone again. So there is something to be said for living far away.
Well the weddings on Friday! I'll post pictures when I get them.

1 comment:

Eric and Jill said...

You do have an amazing family Als. Whenever I dream of what I want my family to be like, I often think of yours. Even down to the arguing over directions before giving the sweet smile of understanding once you reach the destination.
Can't believe how big Nick is and I love that he still loves you so, so much. I hope one day that you can live a little closer so you can visit more often.
Have fun at the wedding and I can't wait to see the pictures. I loved their announcement. They both looked so perfectly happy and the photography was great.